Thursday, June 19, 2008

A curse

As I continue to make my way to 100 posts. I think it is time to talking about the curse that has crippled the Midwest. As I am from the Midwest and my town has also been hit by this weather. As my hometown was hit by a couple of tornadoes, one hit my parent's home. My family is fine and damage was little because it was an F-1.

So why do I call this a curse? I call it a curse because of the fall of Adam. This is God's curse on the earth because of sin. Everything was perfect before the fall of man. Animals got a long and there was no death and destruction. Now the curse of the weather might be from Noah’s Days because it does not seem that there was any water before hand. It was started because the people were being sinful in the eyes of God. We are equal or more sinful now and we even think that we are good enough to get to Heaven. God is destroying home and killing people to demonstrate his power.

I want to claim that I DO NOT think that God is trying to destroy a certain group or groups of people from the Midwest. Why would God destroy certain type of people when ALL HAVE FALLEN SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD and all require to see God’s wrath against them (including me)? It really does not make sense to me why people will think that, i.e. Hurricane Katrina. I think we need to realize that God is bigger then what we think. I heard a preacher (I think it was RC Sproul) once say that death is not a normal. Death was not part of original plan. Also, we do not know what God is trying to do.

We also must remember that all things are done for the glory of God and these storms are no exception. I was on NBC News website and watch Ann from the Today Show interview 2 Boy Scouts. Although the boys were humble, saying that they do not think that they are heroes, they are in the eyes of other Boy Scouts. I think that we can see that those boys are a product of God's plan. I would guess that the lost would have been more if those Boy Scouts would not acted as they did. Being a fellow Boy Scout/Eagle Scout, I see that they acted as a Boy Scout would. While in Boy Scouts, I learned everything that the military teaches us what we need to do while in the middle of a giant sandbox. So though I think that this weather a curse, God still has a plan to use his own curse on this earth for a good cause.

So as we wait and see, lets remember that God is in control of the situation and everything he is doing is for his glory alone.


----------------
Listening to: Way of the Master Radio - May 28, 2008 - Hour 1
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.