Friday, June 6, 2008

Hebrews 6:1-2

I am reading a sermon done by John MacArthur. It is on Hebrews 6:1-8 and is for a debate about once saved always saved. As I do not personal believe in once saved always saved, the doctrine I am on is an assurance of salvation. The sermon is called "The Tragedy of Rejecting Full Revelation." It is a series on Hebrews 5:10-6:12. I am reading part 2 on 6:1-8. I am learning a lot about the what the writer of Hebrews is saying. It appears that this part of Hebrews is written to Jews who know about Christ but need to move on and believe in Christ. They know Christ because of the Old Testament. Dr. MacArthur says that the Jews need to abandoned their Jewish learning and start to believe in Christ. It is really interesting and I am only 1/3 of the way done with the sermon. The link to the sermon is here.

----------------
Listening to: Superchick - Wishes
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.