Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Last week at Awana, there is more than that was not said in last weeks post.

So 2 week there was more than just me getting a tee-shirt. There is always more. I was a little late because of sleeping. In fact, I overslept 30 mins. When I arrived to AWANA, I was still in that waking up phase. With a lot of kids, all that screaming that early in the morning (my morning) was making made head about to explode. Nevertheless, battled through the 10 mins left of my wake-up phase. When I walked into the Sanctuary to talk to a kids before opening time to see what been up, one of the kids in my group came up to me. He called me out on not being at AWANA the last week. The last week was the first week of my deployment. I was blowen away for a split sec. and then I responded with I had to be somewhere that day. Later I was hear only kids verses because his group was getting backed up. I do not remember the verse but is was along the line of waiting for Christ. To see if he really study instead of memorizing, I questioned him. He answered correctly and then I showed him in the Bible where I was getting my info. I used Luke 13? to show that as Christians he wait like a good servant for the Lord instead of the wicked servant. I used a school setting to explain it better. He understood, that was a fear I had about AWANA. Could I relate to the kids so they could understand and me not just feeding to much then what they needed to learn? Thanks to the Holy Spirit, I was able to example it enough for him to understand. Now the sad part is that for me AWANA is over. Today, Wednesday, was going to be my last week, but with my TDY today I am going to miss AWANA. I might be able to help with the AWANA Derby this weekend depending on the flight schedule for my weekend duty tour this weekend. FUN FUN! Later!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.