Friday, April 11, 2008

American Idol...destroying God?



WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS? As most people that read this blog already have read comments about this video. American Idol singing a Christian song. The original lyrics is My Jesus instead of my sheppard. It is try that Christ is our sheppard but interchanging the two to make people not offended is just wrong. It is a good thing I do not watch TV anymore (ok, I did watch KU beat Memphis). I now see the fact that America is truly leave God behind to please everyone else. Our morals are lost. I like the lyrics from Casting Crowns' song While you were sleeping. It goes:

America, will we go down in history
As a nation with no room for its King


There is no room for God anymore in our country. They country grow because people wanted to be free from the CoE. As Christians, we need to protest the movement of the country and try to transform it into the country that it was.

1 comment:

  1. Ok Mike, I'm FINALLY catching up on blog reading. :)

    I think you are right about our country turning away from the Lord. The worst thing, I heard KLOV or AIR1 radio morning show talking about this and how excited they were that they were singing a Christian song.

    So . . .

    I think there are two things to consider here. One: people are turning away and substituting Jesus' name for the sake of keeping numbers of viewers and most Christians aren't even realizing what's wrong with this picture. Two: at least they were singing about Christ on national tv. You don't see that very often.

    By the way, did you notice how the chick, second from the right, was completely worshiping the Lord while she was singing. I don't think the others were - they looked like they were singing another song. But she was worshiping.

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.