Friday, May 2, 2008

1st TDY to Lajes AB.

So this post is about the lastest trip. Just some stats before. In the month of April, I was in 3 different countries. In one month (starting April 7th), I would have steped in 4 countries. I would also been in 3 countries in one week.


View Larger Map

So Lajes is off the coast of Portugal in the Azores. The the approaches are over water and it is amazing. It was a pretty cool place when I got there. The next day was a long day. I was up at 0200z for a 0300 alert time. I was out on the jet at approx. 0430z until approx 0530z. We where at the jet again at 0630z and left the jet at 1600z pulling a man ground spare with a 35K defuel if the jet did not take off. That was a long day. That night was not much also. We went to the club on base and sat and the others had drinks of the adult kind. I pounded one frappacino for a quick wake-up burst then the second right after was a slow mover. Here are some pictures of the trip. Enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.