Monday, April 7, 2008

Final an end to Sleep, Drink Coffee, Work, Drink more coffee, go to bed.

So I am finally done with the operation know to me as O.N.E. I was stationed at Ferihegyi International Airport in Budapest, Hungary. I was staying at the Sofitel Hotel in city centre. Here is a picture of it at night. In fact, there was a small plane inside the lobby. At night, they would shine a pink light on the plane (I have a couple of pics of it). The hotel was really girly for my taste. The cleaning ladies would come by 2 times a day. The first time was to set up and clean your room. The 2nd time, they would get you bed ready for you to sleep in. It was kinda weird. That actually made my bed cold because I would go to sleep until 10am. The hotel was on the Pest side of the river which is the east side (more to come). Just west was the National Gallery. The picture of is near Parliament looking towards the National Gallery on Castle Hill (on the Buda side of Danube the river). That bridge is the Chain Bridge and is lite up bright and stuff at night.The hotel was also near Fashion Street and the tourist trap. There was a lot of over price clothing line that many dumb Americans bought w/o knowing the price. There was also a path with lot of store in the tourist trap part of the city centre. At night, it became alive with some clubs, pubs, and so adult entertainment places. That path at night would have a lot of people trying to sell sex to the tourist. We nicknamed it the gauntlet. The people selling sex English was really good. Now some history of the town. Budapest was two towns that came together. Buda was the hilly west side of Danube and Pest was the east flat side of Danube. Danube is the English word the actually Hungarian word is Duna. This a view as I walked up to the Citadella of Pest. I am on the Buda side. Also, the city was 60% destroyed because of the Germans, Americans, and the Russians since the beginning of the 20th century.

The title says it all about work. We work 12hrs shifts to maintain a gas station was in the air 24hrs a day. Work was different in the fact that it was more laded back then home station. The object was to do what ever was needed to get a jet up and back down. The ride to work was 1 hr and then a 12hrs shift made it long. For lunch was normally McDonald's or Tesco (grocery store). McDonald's was actually like America. The chips tasted like American chips. British McDonald's are sicking an is making me sick thinking about it. I did get some fine Hungarian Cuisine. McDonald's did got old quick. That is why we went to Tesco. While at work, I did get to do the sprinkler out a jet from the ramp where we where at. It was really fun and I got a 12 out of 10 according the pilots because of it. I was tried to imitate the deployed 15 chief with the hip thrusts. With a full set of Gore-tex on, it was hard to make it right. I guess it looked like I was having a seizure, it was pretty funny according the lead. There is no evidence of the marshaling job because Mildenhall does not need another Youtube problem. Look for more post quickly this week about some things that happen. Now I need to found out how I can get a 6 pack of UK Cokes into the US. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.