Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Free coffee and how bad Kearney sucks.

I am currently recovering from a 2.25 hr honors night for my sister. It was the worst thing ever. I could hardly stay through my nearly 3hr honor night some 4 years ago. Anyways this post is about FREE COFFEE I received at a coffee shop here in Kearney. I ordered a caffe macchiato and I received instead a caramel macchiato. The difference is in the drink itself. A caramel macchiato is made like most US coffee shops. It is ordered by the size of the cup. A caffe macchiato is espresso stained with milk topped with foam. Caffe macchiato are less common here is the US but is common in Europe. Since the barista missed up with what I wanted, she gave me the caramel macchiato for free. I was willing to pay for the mistake that I had by not saying that I wanted a real macchiato and a tasty US type. There is also a latte macchiato which is milk stained/marked with espresso. That is less heavy on the espresso with it being about a half a shot of espresso instead of full shot like the caffe macchiato.

The other part of the title is the fact that my hometown really really stinks. It has not really changed all that much except some new restaurant and an 8-plex movie theater. I am really big is disc golf but even with 4 courses in my hometown, it gets boring when one plays not very well. I have found myself bored many times including going to my sister's honor night. Luckily, I will see some of my mom's side of the family on Friday, my dad's side on Saturday and Sunday, and then I leave for Oklahoma/Illinois on Monday. That should speed up this trip.

I really can not wait to go back to England. Every since I left last Wednesday, I have wanted to head back home, that is England. I could have gone to way cooler places in main land Europe and had real coffee. I should have left this week and then left on Sunday the 25th to return and then saved some leave for my trip next year. I think on reason why this trip has been a problem is that I was never informed of my friend's plans before and after his wedding. That has cost me an additional $400 plus the $1000 I own him for the trip. The biggest problem is that I told him what I was planning and he never corrected me that the plans were not correct.

Well, it is time for me to end another edition to The England File. Later



~mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.