Saturday, May 31, 2008

Speeding is lawlessness against God.

Lately, I have been under conviction because I was pulled going over 96 mph in at 70 mph speed zone. I informed my friend that I was in the wrong and that my friend needs to stop speeding because it is a sin. My friend thinks that a speed limit is just a guideline for a rate of travel. The problem that I now see, is that the police officers, a.k.a. a Law ENFORCEMENT officer, consider that a speed limit a maximum rate of travel allowed. That means anything over would be breaking a law. According to the Bible, Paul writes in Romans 13:1-5:

1Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God’s wrath but also for the sake of conscience.


In the verses according to this problem is that the police have the right to give you the justice according to your crime, ie speeding. According to this passage, God does not allow speeding because it goes against the authority of the government, which was place by God himself. Let my lesson be a guide to the problem of speeding. I spent my entire leave wondering what the damage of my lawlessness would cost me. But God’s grace alone, my fine was £75 instead of £300, which is what I was thinking it would be.

As I learn more and more about God, the more and more I am learning to hate what God hates and love what God loves. I just hope my friend will read this and see the problem with the lawlessness that he is involved in and what I am now trying to abolish from my life.

In the Love of our Savior,

~mike

----------------
Listening to: Way of the Master Radio - May 16, 2008
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Listening to: Scott Krippayne - Deeper Still
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Listening to: Scott Krippayne - Renee
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Listening to: Sovereign Grace Music - The Gospel Song (reprise)
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.