Sunday, October 11, 2009

Husker Football

So I was taking a break for the study thing and went to do the facebook thing and find myself watching the 300th sellout of a Nebraska Football. Now some readers of this blog might not understand the why this is sufficient. I do not know either but I was watching it. At one time, just like disc golf, I was completely focus of Husker Football every Fall. I was so focus, I would not go to my high school games. I also worked at a place that got season tickets and we would get to choose what game we wanted to go to. So I am been to my share of football game. In fact, I have been to more NU games then Iowa State football which includes the ISU/NU football game in Ames. I have seen Nebraska play in 3 different venues live where all but one game not paying for a ticket (I had to pay for the ISU football season tickets therefore paid for the ISU/NU football games). So Husker football is kind of a big deal. I made a joke I should have but Husker Football as my religion when I went to college. So much dedication to a team and I would drop everything to attend or watch a game. I hardly missed a Nebraska football game unless I could not watch it on TV.

This does not even began to show the dedication that I would give to Husker football. Will reading the daily Grace Gem, they sent me a quote from Spurgeon. It is the post before this one (Oct. 5th). Again, that quote was about reading books beside the Bible but you can also see how that the desire is not to follow Christ even if the reading. I think that it is fine to be a fan of football and I will like to go to another game but my desire would be that I desire to be committed to God and glorify him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.