Saturday, March 1, 2008

If I could sleep, I would work better.

This week has been a challenge to say the least. Sleep was the issue of the week and lack and quality was the problems. This week I was taking like 3 hrs nap and then wake up wide wake. Thenv3 or 4 hrs later I was died tired. That is a problem when I wake 2 hrs prior to work then try to work 10-12hrs. It had it even harder to stay wake during a fuel load. A lot of extra gas, like 2000 or more pounds of fuel, requires at least 30 extra mins of work. When it comes to inspections, I tend to miss stuff because I can not focus on the area of inspection. I usually do up-stairs so the person downstairs can do a double inspection. A double inspection is when 2 or more inspections are done at the same time. The bad part of the week started Wednesday. I went to bed at 1000hrs and woke up at 1300. SInce I have to go to AWANA, I stayed up. I went to work at 2300hrs. I have been up for 10 hrs on 3 hrs of sleep, I also worked all shift. Went to my 0900 hrs appointment, at that time I have been up for 20hrs. I meet with the Chaplain and then the PMOC lunch that ended at 1300hrs. I went to bed to only wake up 3.5hrs later to attend the Annual 100th ARW Award Banquet. Which lasted till 2130. I would go to work and by God's Grace the work load was none and I was able to get a CB and go home at 0400hrs. I was in bed by 0500hrs. Since then I have sleep 12hrs in 24hrs. I finally feel refresh just in time to attend AWANA games in RAF Alconbury. I will take pictures of all enjoyment.