Thursday, March 6, 2008

from no work to peeling off a bird

This week is almost over and it was been a hard week work wise. Monday was a normal day at work with some downtime after everything was ready to fly. Tuesday was a harder day. We prepared 11 jets for flight. This is not an easy task. They started to launch out early in the morning also. After a jet came back b/c of an erratic gage, it made the day even longer. That was a 10 hrs day when set and over with. Wednesday morning prove to continue the trend with an 8 hrs tire & brake change. It started with our AGE driver not able to get our AGE equipment to us until like 0130hrs. Then the axle jack was broken. It would be nearly 2 hrs to get another axle jack from the other side of base. SO! Around 0400hrs the tire/brake change started to go. Everything went smoothly with a hiccup with documentation, another 10 hr day. Thursday night I did something that I have never done before. I cleaned off a bird that decided to fly into my airplane. And the bird lost to the INBD tailing edge flap OTBD jack screw (and no one knows where that is). There quite a bit of blood on the connection point where the jack screw attaches to flap. There was some splatter on the aileron. But in the end, I found out that 2 Chaplains I have been able to know have received a line number for Major or O-4. So when you are praying, please give God the praise for Chap. Peters and Chap. Thornton.

Update: I looked at the list and found another Chaplain that I now from Tinker that also made Major.