Sunday, March 23, 2008

It is snowing and it is great.

The ground final is covered with the beloved white water crystals. It started after 2230 yesterday because that is when I got home and it was not snowing then. It appears to be dry as it justs fall to the ground. It is just so great to see snow on the ground. It has been a while. It brings so many memorizes about the good ol' time back in Nebraska. Not really Oklahoma b/c OK snow sucks. The first memory was walking when it was snowing like this. A little flurry just always made a nice trip. Another memory is going to church in this type of snow wonderland. Believe it or not, I have some really good camping times in the snow. In fact, I like (or did like) camping in the winter much more than camping in the summer. It was more about learn to survive and less about trying to keep cool. That is the fun part. As I aged more, I learned to dress better and warmer. During the highest stage of my camping career, I would wear shorts outside b/c I could handle the cold temps better than most of my fellow class mates. The best memory I have was a lying in my tent with snow on the ground. That night I freeze out. My sleeping bag was rated to 0 degrees. It was 5 below. Fun memorizes. So I remorse in the fallen snow, and my cold but beautiful walk to church. Pull up some hot chocolate and get a great movie. We all need to remember these cold days together.