Saturday, February 23, 2008

YOU STINK!!!!! Let's go to Bath.

Today I went on my first ITT day trip to the City of Bath. It was a sweet trip and a must see if you come to England. If you do not see Bath while in England, you are not an American. Seriously. Anyways, the City of Bath was an amazing city with more history than most people's moms. The town was started by the Romans in the 4th century (evolutionist say around 15,000bc). The day started with an 4hr sleeping on the bus time. Did a walking tour of some sites with the city center of Bath to include walking down the expensive shops with the most up to date clothing lines from London and main land Europe. Saw a house that Nickolas Gage bought for 4 million pounds or $8 million. It is small, he over paid. Most of the Roman buildings have been destroyed but many houses from the Georgian Period are still around. Most houses in the center of the city are made with really Bath Stones. The newer houses are made by concert with one side covered with Bath stones. The architecture was beyond belief and the city was clean. After the walking tour, I had some lunch at a Italian pizza place. It was good. I did find a Starbucks but did not stop. After eating, walk town a street that is in Vanity Fair with Reese Witherspoon. Then saw a funny street entertainer. He was really good. Then it was time to pay 10.50 quid to see the Roman Baths. It guess it was a large area with a wall. The hot spring which is used to take a bath in, is actually a hot spring. Unlike the hot springs in Yellowstone, these hot springs do not contain rotten eggs/sulfur. In other words, my friend Kyle's farts are not included. The water was green. That reminded me or the Green River in Wyoming up in the Wind River Range. The Green River starts in the range and the water is really green because of the soil. There where some nice pictures of the Bath on the way out but my slow reaction and a wall on the carriageway made the shot hard. I should have went for the mobile but I was not thinking. There was definitely to much to do in a 3 hrs period and I am going to plan a trip to Bath for a weekend. Then I can get more pictures of the city from on top of the hill. The weird fact about Bath, as just like Rome, the city is build in between hills. I will have to go this summer when they have a festival or something going on.

1 comment:

  1. Wow . . . that must have been an amazing trip! I'm glad you were able to go. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.