Sunday, February 3, 2008

Why is leaving so hard?

This post was written in subjects according to the plane ride. I normal do not use names but it would confusing so I used on first b/c i wanted to only use first names.
At OKC's Will Roger until DC

What is it about leaving people that are like family? I am sitting in OKC will Roger airport and wondering how I can leave my family and not my friends. What makes it hard leaving? In May, when I left Nebraska, it was not hard to leave my parents. I think it is because I never had a tight connection with my parents. I did not see the lost of not having my parents around. Even when some of my friends from Nebraska dropped me off at the Omaha’s Eppley, it was not hard to see them go. I guess that is because we were not that close. Leaving Oklahoma, now and back in May, has been the hardest. I can accurately describe the feels that I am feeling right now but I am trying to call my parents and crying at the same time. It is kind of funny that I hated to be stationed in Oklahoma but I leave missing it.

From DC to JFK
So as I was flying from OKC to IAD (DC), I came to realize that I have to go back to Oklahoma to live (unless my friends PCS). I have asked the Lord for an answer for my reenlistment/separate as I come up to the end of my enlistment in the Air Force. I want to stay in so I choose to go reserve and go back to college. I am going to try to join the 507th ARW at Tinker working KC-135Rs. This answer to pray left a big burden and also allows me to hang out with my friends in Oklahoma. Now the question is what does the Lord require of me to do his will? The flight is 10 min out from landing and getting ready to board my next flight. The next flight is the longest but the last leg.


1 comment:

  1. Kyle told me last night that you were thinking of separating and coming back to live in Oklahoma. That would be awesome if you did come back. It is so hard to leave everyone here . . . even to go home for Christmas leave. I am already dreading this summer when Abby and Asher and the girls leave, followed shortly thereafter with Sarah and James leaving. I know that my heart will be empty and lonesome for quiet some time.

    On the other hand, I am looking forward to meeting Marilyn (Jason's finance) when she comes out here.

    It was really great to be able to see you while you were here. I'm so glad that you were able to come out for a visit. :D

    Mike and I will pray for you about this decision. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.