Sunday, February 17, 2008

Train up a Child

Yesterday (16 Feb 08), I went to the commissary to grab food so I stop losing weight. I went a booth that was selling girl scout cookies. After picking up a couple of big items, I needed to grab a cart. I went by the table once again and on of the girls recognized me from AWANA. She asked me if I wanted any cookies or to donate some to troops at forward deployed locations. She was a little disappointed that I had no cash on me. As I was finishing up my shopping, I decied to find an atm and get some cash. I went back to the commissary and bought some cookies. I got not resist the thin mints and had half of box gone by diner time. When this girl some walk up again, it was like a bright light. I ordered my 3 boxes of cookies. I do not know the impact I had on the children I am helping out. It was like AWANA is worth my not getting enough sleep for work. It is also a neat story to write about.

This concludes another pointless entry. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it interesting how one doesn't really realize what an impact they have on others until they either leave or they get a reaction like that from a child? I can imagine what a huge impact that you have on those kids lives. What an awesome story Mike! I'll share it with Mike. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.