Sunday, February 17, 2008

Saved by grace and not by works

This might seem to be in the wrong blog but it is what the Lord has been showing me lately. It is the whole salvation by grace alone. In this very blog, I wrote that I was not saved. This act goes against the Bible and the teaching that goes from it. So this week for Sunday School, I was to read little studies/devotionals about assurance of salvation. Also this week I started to receive a devotional called Day by Day by Grace from the site blueletterbible.org which is what I use to do my word searches for my Bible studies. I was thinking about the verse that Paul wrote Emphasis about being saved and the works that should come from it. I notice that I am saved by just believing in Christ and trusting him. This trust is what allows good works to come forth from me. So these works are now for the glory of God and not of me. If I was saved by my works that would give me grounds to save that I am a better person than my co-workers. I got boast just like Paul. But the next question of my salvation by works is how to I know that I saved. The Bible tells us that we are saved if we are born again in the spirit. I can not wait for what the Lord has on this topic as I continually learn to trust more and more on Him who saves.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome blog Mike! I thought your blog was really encouraging. It's pretty awesome when we know that He is teaching us and we are learning. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.