Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Listen to the Music

So a couple of weeks ago I went to the Saint Edmundsbury Cathedral for a performance of Handel's Messiah. It was wonderful to listen to the words of a great piece. The song I am listening as I write says, "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given, and the government shall be upon His shoulder; and his name shall be called Wonderful,
Counsellor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace." What wonderfully lyrics to sing. The lyrics are from Isaiah 9:6. I notice listen that I get carried away with the lyrics, melody, and also the connection between parts. The Messiah is about the feeling that comes from what is read in the Word. I am not saying that we should worship but instead how music can tell us the feelings. This song really hits it hard. Handel uses different verses from the KJV of the Bible to write a song.

I will finish later b/c of work. Look for another post in about 12hrs.

----------------
Now playing: The London Philharmonic Orchestra & Choir & Walter Susskind - Messiah, oratorio, HWV 56: For Unto Us a Child Is Born
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.