Saturday, August 29, 2009

A rainy? Block Party.

So I am at one of the hangouts that I go to. It is Starbucks because I know that all you are wondering where I will be at.

As I seat outside at Starbucks, I have been pondering if I should go to the LU Block party tonight. They have a couple of bands one is The Afters. I really do not know if I want to go but they said there is free food. I guess that is a plus. Although I have some Runza casserole waiting in my frig for me to eat it. It will be a change to meet some people to get to know. Although I did meet with a Professor from Liberty that I meet at a church that I will attend tomorrow. I went to there Sunday night service. So I decided this week that I will attend both Sunday morning and evening service to get the feel of the church. They do a program with some homeless every other Thursday, it is awesome that are caring about the people in Lynchburg. I have noticed that many time we neglate to witness within our own communities. Not just to the homeless but also to the professional and college students. I am looking for a group that is will to go out to the streets and win some souls for God.

Anyways, back to the block party. Why I have rainy? in the tittle is because it just stop raining and there are more clouds in the sky. Being the military man I am, I have my BDU Gore-tex because it is cleanest. (I have 2 of them plus an ABU one that is about black.) My fear is that I will not enjoy myself and not get accomplished what I want to do. I have been trying to get to know people in my classes a little but I am not one of those Hi my name is kinda guy. I am more of the "Have you gotton one of these" (hand a million dollar tract and smile). It is different coming to a new city. I was thinking about all the places I have been to. I was either forced or I knew people before I got there. Like my college roommate Adam, I was forced to get to know him because we lived together. When I went to England, I knew a Mormon that I went to Tech School and to Tinker AFB with. I also talked to a Chaplain before hand so I some I could talk to. Anyways, Liberty has not been that kind of experience. Although God is working his will and stuff have been falling into place. I guess I look at these time and wonder why I seem to question God and what he is doing.

This block party should be an adventure maybe worthy enough to get published on the LU File (dramatic music plays).

I hope that everyone is enjoying the new design. See everyone on the flip side.

Mikie-Man out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.