Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Afters and What is Wrong with the Frosh.

So I went to the Block Party even though it rained about half way through. I got beat in some Madden 09. All is still well.

The main part of the post is about the freshmen that are here. My dad warned my that I people are not going to be, lets say, mature. I guess father knows best. He also used the GI Bill to attend college and also moved off campus. I guess this bugs me because I am here to find a godly wife and she must be ready to be married. I guess that there are some women that are ready but they did not seem to at the concert. Anyway, it started to rain and it postponed the concert a little bit but it allowed to see frosh jumping in the puddles. I was thinking that these are college students, these are fellow classmates. It is a going thing that I am graduating a year before them. I also though a 13 year old named Deborah. She lives in the UK and she is on FIRE for God. She happen to have a documentary done on her by BBC 3 and can be view in parts on Youtube. It is actually really great to watch if you have time. They went witnessing with her in the streets. She does it the Law-Grace method, same as Way of the Master. She does not know what really TV is. She would put all the freshmen, there might have been some upper-classmen also, to complete shame.

But then there was the concert, the beginning almost felt like a B-1 was taken off with the bass kicker. Fortunately, the B-1 has more bass and is much louder. It was a okay concert but there was a lot of things I would change. I like the concerts with out all the base, it made it hard to hear the voices, even though that is why the bass is turned up so much. The Casting Crowns concert I went to was at the right mix. The bass was heard but not overpowering. The Casting Crowns concert was a better time for me (Kyle can you back me on this one, not really). I recognized some songs from the radio and of course had more information for why the wrote certain songs. There were people crowd surfing which I thought was a little secular. The concert was definitely something that the world would have enjoyed. They did mention God after about 1/2 the show. I could not tell if the lead singer was trying to give a gospel presentation or trying to talk about God unfailing love. I am going with the God unfailing love because it was a terrible gospel presentation.

I think that this is enough for tonight (Sunday Morning). It is time for bed. Later and break a leg for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.