Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sometimes You Just have to Feel Humbled because of God.

I just got off the phone with a friend. Just before we hung-up he was talking about how he was been thinking of how God is orchestrating this cosmic play. I just think of all the people I know from Utah to England and in between. The fact that God had ordained me to know people and get to know people as I make choices that impact my life. I can honestly say that when I think of all the people that God has placed in my life to help develop into the person I am . The person I was on the phone with is the person that shared to me for the first time the gospel. This was 5 years ago when a mutual friend said we should meet. At the time was not a Christian. It would take the beating down for 1 week in Basic Training to see my need for a savior. Just think about all the people that you know. What makes it more amazing is that we are connected because of God. God has placed people in ours lives and had us established relationships with them. It shows that God is truly bigger than one can imagine. That he knows all and observes all. Then you have Sunday, when all you worship the true God come to give Him the praise. We often wonder why God places in different areas. That was a battle I fought while in England. As much as I enjoyed my first trip back to OKC in Jan. 08, it hurt me in the battle. I see know why God would place me there. I would what grew me the most as a Christian but sharing my faith on the streets, among different world views. The fact that God had place me there and the people I now know and might get to see again, if I ever get married or go on a nationwide road trip.

I think that why I feel humbled is because God has been good to me when I do not deserve it. All that really I am is a sinful human saved by God. The fact that God would save a wretched evil man like myself is beyond my knowing but he did because he loves. How can I ever blame God for not being good show how I really am.

I also want to pass on a great worship CD. It is called Exalted Worship by Scott Krippayne and Kirk Cameron. You can download it from iTunes or buy it from Amazon or WretchedRadio.com. It is a mixture of God honoring and man humbling prayer. The hymns are not your standard man centered worship songs but hymns that teach theology about God. It is some of the best worship I have had from a CD. You can check the lyrics out at WretchedRadio.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.