Friday, January 22, 2010

2 Days, 2 Blog posts, and something else.

This is a huge event. For the first time in 2010, I will write 2 blog post on back-to-back days. I want to give you want this blogs does not offer much. I have been thinking about what this recent car crash I was involved in has taught me. It has thought me that God is in control. It just happened that I was listen to Wretched Radio and the host Todd Friel has been talking about why part does God have in Haiti. He talks about how know matter what happen, God is still in control and it happened because God allowed or ordained it. This has been what has get me on the straight road with this trial I went/going through right now. I am sorry that I am not the get with Bible verses to help but I went in search because I know that God is faithful. Is I was looking for a verse is Psalm 140-149, I do not remember what Psalm it was in, I remember a what my EVAN 101 special guest said today, from Psalm 55. David starts out in verse 1 saying, " Give ear to my prayer, O God, and hide not yourself from my plea for mercy! Attend to me, and answer me; I am restless in my complaint and I moan(.)" (Psalm 55:1-2, ESV) David is talking about enemy is that is drawing near. In verse 4, David talks about that he heart is heavy and how he fears that we will not make. Starting in verse 9, David pleas that God destroys those evil people. Then in verse 16 David says, "But I call to God, and the Lord will save me. Evening and morning and at noon I utter my complaint and moan, and he hears my voice. He redeems my soul in safety from the battle that I wage, for many are arrayed against me." (Psalm 55:16-18, ESV) How great is this God that is able to help us when we are low and are trying to understand what is going on. James tells us to rejoice in all trials (James 1:2-3), while Peter tells us that God test our faith to make sure it is genuine (1 Peter 1:6-7). As I finish this post, I just think how much Jesus also suffered here on earth and how much more on the cross. Yet he defeated it all and God received the glory. How much must I submit to his will and give him to glory for what he has done. This car crash has reveled that.

This small trial has reminded me although I may not finish this semester, God is in control and I must submit to his plans. He will not leave me or forsake me and yet even when we get surrounded with problems, he has a plan that helps us and not harm us. O, how great is our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.