Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving, oh Thanksgiving.

I hope that everyone has recovered from the Thanksgiving long weekend. I had my first holiday with my family in about 3 years. I was excited maybe because of pride. I mean I have not seen my dad's side of the family for over 2 years. It was not so exciting. I did not realize how much people change in a short time. I knew but I just did not realize. 2 years seem to be short time but yet some much changes. I felt almost like an outcast. I am know that my parents kept people inform but I seem so distant to these people that are to be my family. I think that some of it is that in England, less so in Oklahoma, that we are truly at as family because that is all that we have. Last year, I had Thanksgiving with a great Christian families, Christmas with other families of equal status. It felt like a giant family. So my Thanksgiving was a let down in that since but it was good to spent time with my biological family.

As much as they have changed, I would be dishonest that I have not changed either. I when some orders a salad on top of a burger has changed some how. My family has know that I am more of the L-word (literalist). They often tell me that everyone interprets the Bible and I agreed and also said that everyone read literal. We also discussed women as pastors. Beside that part, I also tend to get uncomfortable around many people especial when I seem to know people. This might be the fact that I spent many hours a day alone. I know a couple people here are Liberty but I usually only spent time with them before or after class. So I have changed too.

I would ask for some prayer. I have been in a slump of not reading my Bible or praying. Also for the replacement of my crown on tomorrow (Wednesday 2 Dec.). This has been a nightmare since my insurance will not pay for replacement crown b/c it has been less than 5 years. Also pray for my Ipod. It is going out on me and it will cost some money that I do not have.

"Winter in the soul is by no means a comfortable season, and if it be upon thee just now it will be very painful to thee: but there is this comfort, namely, that the Lord makes it. He sends the sharp blasts of adversity to nip the buds of expectation: He scattereth the hoarfrost like ashes over the once verdant meadows of our joy: He casteth forth His ice like morsels freezing the streams of our delight. He does it all, He is the great Winter King, and rules in the realms of frost, and therefore thou canst not murmur. Losses, crosses, heaviness, sickness, poverty, and a thousand other ills, are of the Lord's sending, and come to us with wise design. Frosts kill noxious insects, and put a bound to raging diseases; they break up the clods, and sweeten the soul. O that such good results would always follow our winters of affliction!" C.H. Spurgeon 1 Dec Morning Devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.