Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Manhattan Declaration

I do not know if the dust that read this blog know about the Manhattan Declaration, and you also may not know about it. The Manhattan Declaration is a letter between Orthodox, Catholic, and Evangelical leaders about Abortion, Marriage, and Christian Convection. While I agree with the statement that was made, I could get myself to sign it online. The biggest reason is that indirectly it is trying to unify Catholic, Orthodox, and Evangelicals that are far apart theology and do not have the same gospel. I do not know about Orthodox Churches but I believe that they are the same as Catholics with some Trinity theology. I know for a fact that Catholic believe in infused righteousness and working towards heaven by doing the sacraments to receive these grace bits. As a Evangelical, somewhat, I do not agree with joining with other groups that do not believe in the same fundamental Christian doctrines.

I will admit that this reason is why I will not sign it. I do not know if that is a hidden agenda with the Manhattan Declaration. I will encourage you to read two different view of the declaration. They are brothers in Christ and will do Together for the Gospel 2010 in Loiusville, KY. But first is the Manhattan Declaration for you to read (it is about 7 pages). The first view is Albert Mohler who is for it and John MacArthur who is against it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.