Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Year in Review

**There was a correction made. I went to Souda Bay, Crete instead of Moron AB, Spain. Thanks The Coffee.**

This year has been a complete change. I started this year debating to stay in England or return, and was this return w/ or w/o military ties. Shortly after the New Years I broaded a KC-135 and head south to Crete where I was stuck in NAS Souda Bay, Crete. It was an okay way to start the new year. Shortly after souda, I went to the South Eastern Hemisphere for a 50 day deployment to NAS Diego Graica in the middle of the Indian Ocean. I returned to England in April and had to make a quick decision about where I was going to. After finding out that I could not extent in England and after talking to a Christian Brother. I saw that the military full-time was not worth it, even at $20,000. So I applied to Liberty University and applied to 459th ARW for a crew chief position. I received both and June was time to start getting ready to leave. July 13, 2009 was the last time I was in England this year and there would be no returning. Late July road trip to Lynchburg, Va to see the area and also to find an apartment was not a successful as I like. As I left Lynchburg to return home God was faithful and I had an apartment. A 2 bedroom 2 bath for more that I wanted to spend. After being home for a couple days, I spent 2 weeks traveling to Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Utah. What a great time to spent with friend from my military days. In August, I would official move to Lynchburg and had one week to get settled in before school started. I would start as a Senior taking Freshmen classes. After trying to be a better student, I received my first 4.0 semester ever. My class were not that hard but challenging enough because of constant multiple test on the same days.

So as I remember that has happen, it is better to remember what God was doing through out the whole year. He taught me that he is faithful and also that I need to be more faithful in him. This really hit me when I was hard press to find an apartment in Lynchburg. I left a 2pm a mere 8 hrs later then I wanted to return home and I had a hotel booked in St. Louis. He came through as the place that I placed a deposit on would open 30 mins after I left. I had a place, God came through. I was upset and almost losing my man card b/c of emotions but God came through. I had to trust him and he came through. It was tough. So as I started to school again, just like 4 years ago I had to trust him that I was going to make it through Basic Training, I would have to trust him again in school. I thank God that he has been faithful and will to help a wretched sinner like me. What amazing love and grace.

So there you have it, a year in review. I am eager to see what God has for me this summer. I have my plans but what does God have plan for me will be way a better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.