Monday, February 23, 2009

Feeling empty? I am.

Why am I so empty. The preacher does not preach the word. I went to church yesterday and left feeling nothing. I was not glorifying God but questions the message. We are suppose to go to church to worship God with singing and preaching from his word. The word should be taught with principles which is theology. That was not the cause here at NSF Diego Gracia. The music seemed to be slammed together and the message was weak. The messages was about divorce. He started out good by exampling the what just happen before and about the people that was challenging him. He went off the deep end when he started to preach morality. It was a more do not do this but do this. This is not how we learn. The message just made me feel I was missing the food, the word of God. I think that God was not in the message. One thing I have found out about preaching is that the best preachers teach the word of God. Listen to Piper, MacArthur, Dever, Washer, Spurgeon, and many others and you see the difference. NSF Diego Gracia is a good place but the worship with other believers just is not there. Anyways, I am going to read now by the ocean and I will catch everyone on the flip side.

1 comment:

  1. My friend Cindy had an interesting blog that I thought you might find thought provoking. I would like to hear your thoughts on it.

    http://everydaylifetogether.blogspot.com/2009/05/preaching-in-early-church.html

    Sorry I don't know how to make it a link so you can just go directly there. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.