Thursday, December 4, 2008

"For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many."

In 4 days, it would have been 1 year since I wrote a post about titled "Realization that I am not the person I claim to be." It was a post about being a Christian. I did not think I was one. Well here is another post but it is not in desperation. It is not because I feel sorry about myself. The title is from Matthew 7:13b. I was listening to sermon by Paul Washer. If you think that your Christian life is going well, listen to Dr. Washer and you will be humbled. In a recent sermon called "The Cost of Discipleship," he talked about Matthew 7:13-27.

So I have a questions for everyone. Does non-believers like you because they do not fear you? Do you see the devil, your flesh, or the world constantly against you? Do you look like the world in how you dress, act, and maybe talk?

Here is a verse for you from Matthew 7:21-23. "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.' "

What am I trying to say? Are you sure that your election is certain? Paul Washer explains that the narrow gate and wide gates are for Christians alone and not Christians and the World. So there are people that call themselves a Christian but still will be punish to hell. If your Christian walk have been easy, are you sure that you are a Christian? Does the world hate you because you show glimpse of God in your life. Do they see that you allow are out to worship God alone?

The Christian life should be hard to do. What do you think Jesus meant when he said in Matthew 7:14 "For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few."?

Now this also applies to me. This is not punching your self-esteem to make me fell better but also to humble myself.

You can listen to the sermon at Sermon Audio (links to this sermon).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.