Saturday, December 20, 2008

Young and Single hangin' wit married people that could be my parents.

So last night (Saturday the 20th), I went to my Sunday school Christmas party. I had to bring a snack and a white elephant gift. I wrapped in a good ol' fashion Mike Miller wrapping style (paper bag and duct tape)Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. I personal did not want to wrap that present but I have 2 copies and my friend told me to keep his. Blue Like Jazz is not a book I would read to get informed about theology unless I was reading it to understand the new liberal post-modern Atheist, I mean Christian, point of view. I was looking thru it and it was hard to give away a book with bad theology. So I did. It would turn out that I would be the butt of jokes because I was young and single hangin' wit married people that could be my parents. It was fun. I told they of a card I sent to my dad about parting to hard can make you look older. Inside the card was look at an example (or something to that effect) and it had a mirror inside (or paper that reflected and acted like a mirror). I was laughing but I was the only one because everyone was thinking about getting that card. It was just a little awkward. The host congratulated me on being a good sport but it was fun in game. You joke with people and they will joke back. We also played Taboo. It was men verse women and it ended in a tie. All the married men stopped because they saw that as a win. I said "Go big or go home" and again everyone laughed at me. I am an all or nothing kinda guy. But I was overruled. Back to the white elephant exchange, I got a kite. It is an eagle and it is tight. Well it is late and I have to wake up and practice really easy songs for church on my cello. Watch the Blog for some pictures of "The Barn" decorated for Christmas and stuff. Later.

Solo Christo! (in Christ alone for Salvation)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.