Tuesday, September 16, 2008

AWANA Recap

This past weekend was the first AWANA that I was able to teach. I used an AWANA tool called the Gospel Wheel. There is 6 verses that are used to show God's character and action and men's character and actions. I started with man's actions which is sin. The verses used is Romans 3:23 and 6:23. I next explain that God loved us usinng John 3:16. John 3:16 provided a great segway to Romans 5:8 which is God's action. I finally explained that the Gospel was defined in 1 Corthinians 15:3-4; "For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures." (ESV) I would explain next that our actions are to trust (Acts 16:31) like someone would trust a parachute when jumping from a plane and repenting of sins (Matt 3:2).

This next week I am going to teach about

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.