Sunday, July 20, 2008

A quick post on some thoughts about singleness.

As I have learned and read sermons about singleness. I have one question about it. Singleness is a gift but is it a seasonal gift or a life long gift or can it be both seasonal and a life long gift? It seems to be a fitting question since Paul was single his whole life as according to 1 Corinthians 7. According to Debbie Maken in "Getting Serious about Getting Married", she claims that you are either single for a lifetime or destined to be married and you need to start early. Where David Wheaton believes that it is more of a seasonal then, but is that why he is still single? Is their a balance between devoting everything to God and yet still be able to find a wife or husband? Do I do what Dr. MacArthur says and claim a gift of singleness until I have a desire to get married, is that what I am suppose to do?

I first thoughts are that I should take this gift of singleness as a seasonal thing and I should devote my ever waking hour to sever God. Meanwhile, I should be looking at women that I should marry (which is hard in a military for of ungodly single women). But would looking for a wife (in my case) pull me away from serving my God every waking moment (which I have o say I do not do and their seem to sin aways)? Another question is that have I isolated myself so much because of shyness, is it even possible to meet women when I have a pool to choose from?

I guess as I learn more about singleness, the more I found different view. At least it is not a fundamental part of the Christian doctrine and is somewhat debatable.

Now is your time to chime in you .2 daily readers I have (this are made up stats).

I was just actually thinking how funny it is to have a regular blog were only one person reads ever once-in-a-while. I guess the real question is do I continue to write in this world called the blogosphere?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.