Monday, September 28, 2009

A verse that has shown a weak spot in me.

I had a gentlemen that might become my new witness partner to save the people of Lynchburg from the pending doom of the Lord. He called and asked me about Thomas Road Baptist Church not witnessing tomorrow. He also shared a verse that read in a book, I believe it is called The Road to Jerusalem, and it was Jeremiah 48:10, ""Cursed is he who does the work of the LORD with slackness, and cursed is he who keeps back his sword from bloodshed.". He was saying that how we are fighting a fight against Satan and how we should enter Heaven with blood on our swords. This verse is explaining that God desires to judge Moab is so great that he will not spare those who are slacking in killing them. Now I know that we are not to kill people because of God's desire to judge people unless in a just war. God's desire now is to have everyone saved and as Christians we must not work with the slackness. People are going to hell because of the sins and we have the what they need to be saved. I think that our works in ministry should be one that helps spreads the Gospel. I am not talking about giving to a ministry but instead one that will promote the gospel near where you attend church. Our job use the Sword of God so the Spirit of God convects people of sin, that will have the Father to save. This is applies to me more than anything else. I have so many opportunities to witness to lost people everyday and I am slacking in the work of the Lord. There are people in the world that preach the Gospel knowing that it might be the last time before they are beheaded. How much more should I be preaching since I have the freedom and knowing that they just can not behead me. Oh, how I need to trust in God more so he can same people. The harvest is ready to reap but the workers are few. Are you ready to promote God and share a message that will save people from an eternity away from God's goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.