Monday, August 18, 2008

Furniture Shopping

I am not a big person on shopping unless I am at Cabela's or other outdoor/camping stores. So today I went t2 different locations to shop for furniture and I am completely lost on what I want to get. What makes it hard is that I want to buy something that will last at least until I am like 60 years old (which is only around the corner, ie time goes by fast). Ok that is extreme but I want to last until I have to update, maybe 10 years or so. I am also thinking about the apartment that I will be moving into next year in OKC. The first thing I notice is that AFFES is too overpriced here overseas. I have notice that they know that most GIs and family will by their stuff and so they jack up their price. They also only buy namebrand items and give a discount so it is still above what I can afford. It is cheaper to order 3 DVDs off of Amazon and get them shipped then it is to buy DVDs at the BX. So after looking at overpriced AFFES stuff, I went off base to Bury St. Edmunds and looked at a store that I have seen on my way to center of Bury. They had lower prices but still in pounds but once they were converted it was a little above AFFES prices. I am think of going back to a different places in Bury to look at furniture and maybe over to Cambridge to see what they have to buy.

I will catch everyone next time on THE ENGLAND FILE.

1 comment:

  1. Why not be like your Uncle Mark and have very little furniture in your apartment i.e. mattress on floor and 1 chair and his Legos shelves. How about camping chairs? Love Mom

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.