Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Remembering the Best of Times.

So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom. Psalms 90:12

 

Today was the day that  they remembered a friend who passed away from this life into the next life, a life with God. It was a hard time to go through and it hit me hard. I saw the person who told me that the my friend died. It was good that he did not know who actually died just that he was part of my squadron. I was weird telling a friend that he had pass away. But today was the day that we remember him. It was awesome to see a lot of people from work come to the chapel at the base near where I am at. it was many first time is a church for a long time. The eulogy was from the sqrd. commander and the pastor where my friend attended church. Both said the same thing about my friend. Then the Chaplain (who mentors me) came up a gave a great sermon on why we need Christ in our lives. The verse above what was read today. it hits the point home. We only live for 70-80 years (as said in Psalms) and that is nothing to the God who created us. before this verse it talks about who should not fear God b/c he can take away life in a moment notice. It is hard to think that my friend was in his Mid-20s and now is going to see his real Father, the Father of Heaven and Earth. So you can never know when God will take you away. The Chaplain made a point when he said that God wants us to have faith in him. That is the only way to live life. The one who made can also save you. This sermon was not about what my friend did in life, but that God is the only true comforter and wants everyone to live for Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.