Sunday, October 28, 2007

Biking around London while weaving in and out of Traffic and More...

This weekend I went to London with other Guys from church here on base. It was fun and I want to it again. We went to a lot of Christian sites in Downtown London. We rode around 30 miles in 2 days going in and out of traffic. Friday afternoon we went to John Wesley's Chapel. It was great. Here is a fact about it. He built his church to face the Non-conformist grave yard where his mother is buried. IMG_0007 This picture is of the front of the church. The preacher on that pulpit would be facing the grave of Wesley's mother. We walk across the street to the Non-conformist grave yard. There is over 125,000 bodies there but in a few graves. So it was destroyed by the bombing raid in London during WWII. We would bike to the Aldersgate Flame. That is the spot that John Wesley had a revelation from God. He would put a statue there to show the impact it had on him. We would then ride around towards the hotel. After eating at Texas Embassy, we went riding at night. We rode 13 miles in just about 3 hrs. Went across the Tower Bridge and then back across the Westminster Bridge riding along the Rive Thames. Saw the Globe Theater. On Saturday went to find Starbucks and got a free bag of coffee. We went to a couple of other churches. Then back to the hotel. Most of the time we were riding around. We were not in a big hurry to see anything. We hit 7 of the 8 sites. We missed the Westminster Abby but we did ride down it as went to 10 Downing St to see PM Brown. It was a great fun and a time to grow in people. I will make and post a video. I will post here later on. The biggest thing I saw that England at one time did not try to preserve these old Churches unless they where kept up by private groups.

I also realized how small this world is. I AWACS crew chief I use to work with was taking a picture when I was carrying my bike down the stairs. We talked for a few seconds but I had to leave to keep up with my group. It was nice seeing him again.

IMG_0072Here is on more picture of Trafalgar Square with the Clock Tower down the street. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.