Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I Sometimes Wonder if I am Called to be Single

This thought just drop into my head while at work today. I had a guy ask me if I had a girlfriend, obvious answer was no. (I guess the answer is obvious if you know me but my lack of social skills proves very well that answer.) He asked me if I like girls. That the question if I am a homosexual or not. I answered yes but I have not desire at this time for a wife. That had me thinking while chilaxing in the pool here in the waterless beach. I am called to remain single or will I be someone who marries late. In 1 Corinthians 7, Paul gives us his take on the issue. If you desire to be married, then get married but you have not the desire, then remain single as I am single ( a Mike paraphrase). I often think about it would be nice to have a wife but that it is not something I desire. I guess there are times that I feel the desire more, but that is usually when I am around people that seem to be happy with others, i.e. weddings and family gatherings. I am sure that something might happen but that is not my desire but it does get me thinking. If I do not get married, that throws me out of any pastoral leadership roles according to scripture. That might even include leading a college ministry. I am just really confessed about what I need to be working towards or where is God leading me. That is probably sin in my life that I need to mortify. I guess that makes me lean more on God to show me the little but of path that He allows me to see. I actually feel like I need to just repent til the cows come home.

I guess pray is in need for this. I guess prayer to mortify the sin in my life and to seek God's counsel in the Bible. I do know that God wants me to be obedient to His word, and that is where I will start.

This is not how the post was going to go but this is where God lead it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is always welcome. All I do ask that it does not profanity. As administer of the blog, I have the right to delete all comments that I feel are not in good taste.