Monday, June 15, 2009

True Forgiveness

What does true forgiveness look like? My view is that when a person has been wrong, I would accept any apology because I can not know the heart of a person. I am writing this blog because of a situation. I decided last night that I need to get involved into the situation that is hurting relationships that was once strong. I do not exactly what happen and I am taking the stand that I actually know very little of what is happening. A reason why I am getting involved is because there are many people involved that might not see what is wrong as of today. I believe that some are trying to heal the wound but not all parties involved are willing.

What I think true forgiveness looks like is when someone has done something wrong, you forgiven and forget. If it is not easily forgettable, I think then a plan has to be made to grow where it is forgotten. I see that as when we sin against the Holy God, as Christians he forgets our transgressions. We must able that same thing. God is great to forgiven without holding a grudge but we humans are not. The word forgive in Greek means to let go, to send away. We must remember all the sins that God will not hold against Christians when they are judge be he cleanse us of all unrighteousness when we ask for his forgiveness (1 John 1:9). As I looked for verses that will help to understand forgiveness, I came across three: 2 Corinthians 2:5-11, Ephesians 4:31-32, and Colossians 3:8-14. Each one of these verses explain how forgiveness should work. The person who forgive should be loving those people the person forgive.

What is missing is the love of the other in this situation. I understand that the friendship for now is lost but by God's sovereign grace these relationships can be repaired and grow.

I want to make note that comments have been disable for this post. The reason behind this blocking of comments is because I feel that the annyoistiy of the post should remain. Now people who know about the situation will understand the post. The people involved can e-mail or call me. I think that this is a problem on both side of the situation.